Sunday, February 28, 2010

Attitude Changes Everything

Good day guys! I was just thinking about this quote that I have read from several books. Can attitude really change everything? I made a survey and found out that attitude can really change everything. I got several proofs to show you why. First, in sports, when you are playing a game of basketball then you look at your opponent's roster. They are composed of guys who play exceptionally well. But then because of your attitude of never say die, you manage to beat them. One example is the Detroit Pistons beating the LA Lakers in the 2004 NBA Finals. The LA Lakers is composed of Gary Payton, Kobe Bryant, Devean George, Karl Malone and Shaquille O'neal. Then the Detroit Pistons is composed of Ben and Rasheed Wallace, Rip Hamilton, Tayshaun Prince and Chauncey Billups. Weigh them, see the difference. Yet because of the attitude that the Detroit Pistons is showing, they manage to beat LA in the finals. Event though it was a mismatch in the context that LA players is composed of superstars and future legends and yet this Detroit team is just composed of ordinary players who just don't know how to give it up. Next, I got a friend who got failing grades in the prelims and midterms and yet manages to pass the subject? Why? In the pre-finals and finals he got fired up and picked up momentum. Got perfect scores over and over again not noticing that his grades were pulled up. Finally, about you getting sick but still manages to do the work you usually does. Imagine if you are really sick, you don't have the appetite to do things. You just wanted to have a bed rest for the rest of the day. There are people I know who doesn't mind the pain they are experiencing if they are sick. I tried it and it was effective. I was having a fever that time but I got to go to school because I got a quiz to catch up. As I was going out of bed, my body is somewhat pulling me down and I remember somebody told me that just don't mind the pain, it would just be carried away. So I disregarded the pain, I took a bath, changed into my school uniform and went to school. When I was there, the atmosphere suddenly changed because people are so busy that you also got carried away by their busy-ness. When the quiz started, I find the quiz difficult so I just concentrated it the quiz. Not knowingly, I was still having a fever a my head hurts before the quiz started. When the quiz ended, I went outside talk with my fellow classmates, discussed the answers on those difficult items. When my classmate noticed m voice to be different(I was having a flu), he asked me Are you sick? I forgot! I said, Yes I am. Then he said, you should not be here, you should take a rest or else it would get worse. When he said that, I suddenly felt tired. That's then I realized that I was thinking I was sick that I suddenly felt I was. So I went home and took a nap that lasted for 5 hours. I again attempted to think about I was not sick but in the middle of it, I gave up, I lost my concentration and so I went back to sleep. Funny? oh yes it was!(laughs). Anyway, you got to ask what is the reason behind this? The reason is about the psychological effect of your thinking you are not sick. Its just that you disregarded the sickness and do your routine.
Some authors referred to it as positivism. You stayed positive that you can still do your work despite of your handicap. Some even say that it is the power of our brain. They say that our brain is the most powerful thing in the world. I really having a hard time how to explain it but just google it and you'll find the answer. Everything is possible to you. If they can do it and so can you. It is just about the attitude. What is wrong in doing things that you are not good at or you got the handicap on those things. At least you have tried the very best you can in doing those things. Its just the matter of believing in yourself but too much believing in yourself is bad too. Just have it in moderation. Its over confidence if you believe in yourself too much.
To generalize everything, Attitude is the thing that can put you up and down. So, everything is possible. Anything is possible as long as you got the right attitude for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment